So…dinner on Sunday was fantastic! Why? IKEA GRAVY COVERED SWEDISH MEATBALLS AND POTATOES! Oh my…soooooo good! And yes…this is the recipe direct from Ikea. Thanks to the bestie for picking this up.
By the way…after making the meatballs…I realize that I should have doubled the recipe for the gravy. It barely covered them. So I would highly suggest doubling the gravy recipe. 🙂
And no…this is not low in calories. Sorry, folks. But we all need some fun food sometimes, right!?
(Also…if you want to do semi homemade…go buy some Swedish Meatballs at the store and pop them in the oven! Works just as great and tastes good, too!)
What you will need for the Meatballs:
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 cup of cream
1/2 cup of water
1 small yellow onion – finely chopped
1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
2 small yukon gold potatoes (boiled and cooled)
2 tbsp of butter
Optional – Dash of Allspice
What you will need for the gravy:
*This is the original recipe…you may want to double this!!
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup beef broth
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp white flour
Salt & Pepper to taste
How To Make the Meatballs:
1) Fry the onion in a couple of tbsp of lightly browned butter.
2) Mash the potatoes
3) Mix all the ingredients for the Meatballs until well mixed (don’t over mix though or they can become a bit tough)
4) Shape the mixture into medium sized meatballs (or however big you want them to be)
5) Fry them SLOWLY in plenty of butter.
*Should make about 25 meatballs – depending on the size you choose to make them.
How To Make the IKEA Gravy:
1) Bring the beef stock to a boil
2) While the beef stock is being brought to a boil, mix the flour and cream in a small bowl until most of the lumps are gone.
3) Once the beef stock is brought to a boil, pour in the flour/cream mixture – stirring constantly
4) Add the soy sauce to the pot and continue to stir
5) Add salt & pepper to taste (the soy sauce adds a lot of salt…so add a little salt at at time)
Serve with some boiled small yukon gold potatoes! YUMMY!
Let me know what you think!!