I’ve been making these lovely breakfast biscuits for a little over a month now…mostly for Charming, because he works so early in the morning and never seems to grab breakfast. These are great for that person on the go, and they are cheaper than buying McDonald’s or something else during the week…and you can customize them for your own tastebuds! They are a bit putzy…but so worth it!! Trust me…they are worth the futz!
3 cans of Pillsbury Butter Tastin’ Big Biscuits (there are 8 to a can)
Meat of your choice (I do both sausage and bacon…and I use ALL of the bacon and sausage…it’s about 1lb for each…I use Black Label Bacon – the whole package and Jimmy Dean Sausage – the uncooked kind in the tube thingy)
6 – 8 eggs (depends on how much egg you want in your biscuit…I don’t put a whole lot of egg in the biscuit)
1/4 cup of Milk (to add to the eggs)
2 packs of shredded cheese (depends on how much cheese you want and you can pick your kind. I usually use Mozzarella or Sharp Cheddar…and sometimes both. It’s totally up to you)
Finely Chopped Veggies of your choice (I have used: Onions, Mushrooms, Green Peppers and Red Peppers. Use as much or as little as you want…but I usually will mix them in to cook with the eggs)
Salt and Pepper to taste (for the eggs)
1) Cook your meats and drain them as well as possible.
2) Chop up your veggies.
3) Put eggs and milk into a bowl and whisk gently until well blended.
4) Add veggies, salt and pepper to the egg mixture, and mix again until well blended.
5) Spray a large frying pan with Non-Stick Spray.
6) Cook egg mixture (scramble style) over medium heat.
7) Let the eggs cool a bit (you don’t want to start cooking the biscuit with hot eggs before putting them in the oven).
8) Preheat the oven to 375°
9) Take one can of biscuits out of the fridge (colder biscuits are easier to mold).
10) You need to roll out the biscuits…spray the surface you are rolling them out on with non-stick spray before rolling them out. Roll them out as much as you can (they don’t have to be perfectly circular…but try to get them close to a circle).
11) Once the biscuit is rolled out, add cheese, meat and eggs. (see photo)
12) Taking the ends, fold them up and press the dough together to be sure nothing will cook or spill out.
13) Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
14) Place the biscuits about 1 – 1 1/2 inches apart, seam side down on the baking pan.
15) Do this for as many biscuits that can fit on the pan. (See photo)
16) Cook biscuits for 15 – 17 minutes (or until golden brown on top)
17) As the first batch is cooking…spray another pan and start on the next batch of biscuits.
18) When the first batch is done, place on a cooling rack to cool. If you are eating them right away…give it about 5 minutes so they don’t burn your mouth. If you are freezing them…they MUST cool COMPLETELY before you put them in a bag to freeze.
19) Continue repeating until you are out of biscuits. (This should make about 19 – 24…depending on how stuffed you make them…mine are stuffed really full so I usually only get about 19.)
Hope you like these!!
Let me know what you think!