When I decided to make Chili I realized I needed something to go with it. And what goes with chili better than cornbread? But I didn’t want to make just ANY cornbread…I knew it had to have a bit of heat and be moist…not dry and flaky (like some corn muffins can be). So I added a secret ingredient…Cream Style Corn. Yep. No flaky, dry corn muffins here…and the jalapenos add just the right amount of heat (and I’m a wimp…I cannot handle anything too spicy…but these are a perfect blend).
What You’ll Need:
2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 Egg (for Muffin Mix)
1/3 Cup of Milk (for Muffin Mix)
1 cup Sargento Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or any other brand you prefer)
1 – 14 3/4 oz can Cream Style Corn (I use Del Monte…but you can use whatever kind you want)
1/3 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers (I always use fresh…depending on the size you’ll need to buy 2 -3)
How to Make ‘Em:
1) Preheat oven to 350°
2) Empty Corn Muffin Mix into a medium size bow.
3) Add Egg and Milk and mix together until well blended.
4) Mix in Cheese, Cream Style Corn and Jalapenos…mix until well blended.
5) Spray muffin tin (I used the 12 slot muffin tin) with non-stick spray (this is important…even if it’s a non-stick pan YOU WILL STILL NEED TO DO THIS or the muffins will stick)
6) Fill the muffin tins (I left about 1/4 inch from the top)
7) Bake for 30 – 35 minutes (mine only took 30 minutes)
8) Let cool for five minutes, remove from tin and serve them hot or allow them to cool and put them in the fridge.
Let me know what you think!!