These went over SOOO well at my family Christmas at my sister’s place. Even my 4 year old niece LOVED them!! And they were so easy to make!!
What You’ll Need:
- Mini Muffin Tin (get the one with 24 slots…it makes it easier)
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ocean Spray Whole Cranberry Sauce
- A circle of Brie cheese, cut into 24 chunks
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Generously spray 24 small muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray
- In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with fork or wire whisk.
- Slowly beat in flour, milk, sugar and salt just until smooth (do not overbeat).
- Fill cups about two-thirds full.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Bake about 10 minutes longer or until crusty and golden brown (I had to bake mine for about 12 minutes…it really depends on the oven).
- Take the popovers out of the oven.
- Cut a small slit in top of each popover and insert cheese chunk in each popover and top with a dollop Ocean Spray Whole Cranberry Sauce.
- Put back into the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pans.
- Serve hot.
Makes 24 appetizers
Bake popovers and cut the slit in top of each. Cool, wrap tightly and freeze. When ready to serve, put into mini muffin tins, insert cheese chunk in each frozen popover and top with cranberry sauce. Heat in 350°F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
These are really great appetizers! You’re family will love them…even the kids. They are great to just pop into your mouth.
Try them out and let me know what you think!