So the best compliment I got on these was when Lisa said, “I don’t even like broccoli and I LOVE these!” Yeah…they are THAT good!!!
- 1 12oz bag of fresh broccoli florets (chopped into smaller pieces)
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavored dry stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 cup of Chicken Stock (OPTIONAL)
- In a small bowl gently beat eggs
- In a large bowl, mix broccoli, stuffing mix, Parmesan cheese, onion, pepper, garlic salt and eggs.
- Melt butter in a small bowl, slowly, in the microwave.
- Slowly mix in the melted butter.
- Mix in the chicken stock. Making sure everything is mixed well.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator approximately 1 to 1.5 hours, until moisture has been absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Roll the chilled mixture into 1 inch balls, and arrange on a medium baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until browned.
This truly is a great appetizer to make…and it’s a sneaky way to get kids to eat their veggies!! They have NO IDEA!!
Let me know what you think!!