Everyone (well mostly everyone) loves pasta and pizza…so why not combine the two?? So I did! And instead of going with the usual garlic bread I thought I’d try something different and just season some crescent rolls with garlic powder. Everything turned out wonderfully!! It wasn’t difficult at all and it tasted fantastic! We even had seconds!!
Ingredients for Pizza Bake:
1lb box of Rotini Pasta (but you only use 3/4 of it) – if you’re looking for “healthier” pasta option try the Creamette 150 Calorie Rotini Pasta. It’s just as good as the original!
1 bag of Hormel Pepperoni Slices (not the mini ones, use the normal size ones)
1 Jar (the medium size…not the super big, and not the small) of Spaghetti Sauce (I used Ragu with Mushrooms sauce)
4 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Oregano (season to taste)
Basil (season to taste)
Black Pepper (season to taste)
Salt (season to taste)
Directions for Pizza Bake:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Cook 3/4 of the box of pasta to your liking…I don’t like al dente so I make sure it’s soft. However, do not over cook your noodles.
3) Drain noodles
4) Add pasta sauce, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
5) Mix well.
6) Simmer for 5 – 7 minutes,
7) Spray non-stick spray in a baking dish (I used a 3 quart Pyrex clear baking dish).
8) Carefully pour pasta mix in baking dish, making sure it’s evenly spread out.
9) Place the pepperoni in an overlapping layer over the pasta mix.
10) Cover the pepperoni with the shredded cheese.
11) Bake at 375 for 25 minutes (or until cheese is golden brown along the edges)
12) Let sit for about 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
Ingredients for Garlic Crescent Rolls:
Package of Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough
Directions for Garlic Crescent Rolls:
1) Unroll crescent dough.
2) Separate the triangles.
3) Roll the triangles to make crescent rolls.
4) Sprinkle garlic powder on top of the crescent rolls (use as much or as little as you like. I simply put it in my hand and sprinkled it with my fingers over each one).
5) Bake at 375 for 10 – 12 minutes (until they are golden brown).
I really hope you try this recipe out…it’s very cheesy and quite tasty! And the crescent rolls are a fun deviation from the usual garlic bread! Let me know what you think if you try it out! Hope you love it as much as I did!