So…this one was just okay. It wasn’t as good as I was hoping it would be, but it was still okay. I would suggest adding more pepper to make it tastier. It was a bit bland.
But here’s the recipe…let me know what you think if you try it.
2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1/4 Teaspoon of Pepper
6 – 9 Red Potatoes
8 oz Bag of Shredded Cheddar or Gruyere Cheese
2 Cups Fat-Free Half-and-Half
**TIp: Pat potato slices dry with a paper towel before adding them to the dish**
1) Preheat oven to 350°F
2) Spray 8-inch baking dish with non-stick spray
3) Cut potatoes crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
4) Cover the bottom of pan with some of the potatoes in an overlapping pattern.
5) Sprinkle half of the flour mixture over the potatoes.
6) Sprinkle cheese over potatoes and flour mixture.
7) Add another layer potatoes in an overlapping pattern.
8) Sprinkle the remaining flour mixture over the potatoes.
9) Sprinkle cheese over the potatoes and flour mixture.
10) Add final layer of potatoes in an overlapping pattern.
11) Sprinkle cheese over the potatoes.
12) Pour half-and-half all over.
13) Cover and put into oven for 45 minutes.
14) Reduce heat to 325°F, uncover and put back in oven for another hour.
Serve as a side dish, I served mine with Cure 81 ham.
ENJOY! Let me know what you thought!