So last week I made Crescent Egg Muffins. I have decided that I like the egg muffins better without the crescent. So here’s the alternative to that, and to make it quicker I used Egg Beaters instead of regular eggs. Saves time and they are a little healthier.
1 large carton of Egg Beaters (it equals about 14 eggs…you will have some left over but you can always use that at a later date)
1 Package of Pre-Cooked Bacon (it saves on time, and you don’t even notice a difference), or you can use the pre-cooked diced ham, cooked sausage crumbles, or whatever cooked meat you want. I’m just a bacon lover.
1 Package of sliced, clean mushrooms (or you can use whatever other veggies you want) chopped into small pieces.
1 Package of Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese (or any type of shredded cheese you wish)
Salt and Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2) Spray a frying pan with Pam (or any other non-stick cooking spray) and add the mushrooms (or any other veggie). Cook them on medium heat until brown.
3) Cut up bacon into small pieces. (Or crumble your sausage…or whatever meat you have chosen…just make sure they are small pieces. The diced ham in the package are fine, you don’t need to make them smaller.)
4) Spray muffin tin with Pam (or any other non-stick cooking spray)
5) Add veggies and meat to each muffin slot. Don’t fill too full or you won’t have room for the egg and cheese.
6) Pour in Egg Beaters…don’t fill completely full or you will have a mess.
7) Add salt and pepper to your liking.
8) Mix the mixture around a bit with a spoon.
9) Sprinkle each egg muffin with cheese. (I use a lot of cheese…because I love cheese)
10) Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
11) When done cooking, let cool for about 10 minutes. Then serve.
You can place the extra muffins in the fridge for up to 5 days, and heat up in the microwave for breakfast on the go!
Try these out and let me know what you think!!