Tonight’s Adventure in Cooking was a sweet success (pun intended)! Although, next time I think I will use less honey and more Dijon Mustard. It was a little too sweet. So I have made those changes here in the recipe. The chicken was very moist, and the marinade made it very tasty. I grilled some green beans for the side…however, you can do whatever side you choose. But it was a great pairing, in my opinion. And this is a healthy recipe…I found it on Cooking Light.
Recipe for the Chicken:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or 2 large ones…I used 2 large ones)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- A pinch of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley. Mix well.
- Pierce chicken with a fork in several places.
- Place marinade in plastic bag, add chicken. Make sure chicken is covered in marinade.
- Place in fridge and let it sit for at least 4 hours (I let it marinate for 24 hours)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour 1/2 of the marinade over the chicken, and brush to cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over and brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Recipe for Grilled Green Beans:
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Fresh Green Beans (you can get them fresh at Super Target)
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Salt and Pepper
- Place your grill plate on the oven top, spray it with the non-stick cooking spray, and heat to medium heat.
- Trim ends off of green beans. Try to make sure they are roughly the same size.
- Place green beans in a bowl.
- Lightly coat green beans with EVOO (I stirred the mixture with my hands to be sure they were all coated).
- Lightly coat green beans with salt and pepper (just enough to add flavor).
- Place green beans on the grill plate for approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve with the chicken.
So there ya have it…I really hope you’ll try this. It is super tasty and super simple. If you do try it, let me know what you think!