I made this for dinner last night and it was a hit! I got the original recipe from Pinterest…but I added a few things to make it my own and I’m glad I did! It’s really a very simple but tasty dinner!
Here’s the recipe:
What you will need:
4 boneless pork loin chops (or just thick pork chops…I just got thick pork chops)
3 garlic cloves – minced (or 2 teaspoons)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 can of hot water (not scalding hot, but hot enough to make mixing easier)
1 package of sliced mushrooms
1 8oz block of cream cheese – softened (be sure to get the block and not the round container)
1) Cook your mushrooms until they are a golden brown. (No need for butter, I just spray my pan with Pam and cook away. Works just fine.)
2) Mince garlic
3) In a medium sized bowl, mix garlic, softened cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup, 1/3 can of hot water, and mushrooms until most of the lumps are gone (the rest will loosen up while cooking)
4) Pour mixture into bottom of crock pot.
5) Place pork chops on top of mixture.
6) Add generous amounts of salt and pepper – I didn’t really measure how much I used…I just knew to add a lot or it would be very bland.
7) Turn the crock pot to the LOW setting.
8) Cook for 7 – 8 hours. Checking every 2.5 – 3 hours to stir the mixture around. Don’t take out the pork chops to do it. I ended up mixing in the pork chops to the mixture. Just be light handed or your pork chops will fall apart as you stir.
9) Serve over egg noodles, white rice or mashed potatoes. (I served mine over egg noodles…LOVED IT!)
Hope you try these out and enjoy them! Let me know what you think!!